Glasgow Funeral Plans directs you towards the most suitable plan for you and your family’s needs.
Why a funeral plan?
- Funeral director’s fees and services guaranteed
- Funds held securely in line with current legislation
- Plans are tailored to suit, whatever your requirements or preferences
- Wide range of payment options
- No restrictions regarding health, age, or medical history
What is a Will?
A will is a legal document that sets forth your wishes regarding distribution of your property and assets. By making a Will you can control how your property and affairs will be handled. It will ensure that your wishes are properly taken into consideration and make what is always a difficult period for your loved ones and family considerably less stressful.
What is a Power of Attorney
A Power of Attorney is a legal document which appoints an individual to act on your behalf if you or your loved ones become incapacitated and are unable to make decisions or manage affairs.
- This could be a temporary situation: for example, if you are in hospital and need help with everyday affairs, such as ensuring the payment of bills.
- Without a Power of Attorney, your family may need to instruct a solicitor to obtain the temporary powers required to handle your day to day affairs. This can cause considerable distress, delay and expense.
Why should I do it now?
- If you do not have a POA in place, you or your family members will be required to obtain one during what is invariably a difficult and trying time, leading to unnecessary expense and stress.
Family Protection Trusts
A Trust is like a safety deposit box, allowing you to keep your assets protected.
You can pass your assets to a Family Protection Trust, established in your name and for your benefit whilst you are living, but what are the benefits?
- Avoid the cost and delay of probate after your passing.
- Ensure that your beneficiaries inherit at the right time without unnecessary delay.
- Ensure that your estate stays within your family.
- Avoid unwanted claims on your estate when you pass.
- Provide your family with protection against inheritance tax.
- Protect at least half your estate against care costs.